Only
Days

Hours

Minutes

Seconds
until NaNoWriMo 2012 ends!

Friday, November 2, 2007

Day Two

3080 words today for a two-day running total of 7202. I'm still ahead of schedule and have a new poll for you up on Raindancing Dragons.

Ah the polls. Those crazy polls. When I first thought them up, they seemed like such a great idea! The perfect way to keep me -- the uber-organized planner -- firmly anchored in the fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants spirit of NaNoWriMo! Well, I wasn't wrong about that, but they sure are stressing me out!

I got off to a great start yesterday. Pounding out slightly more than twice my daily word count goal. Creating characters and whole storylines on the fly. I was feeling good. Then I posted my first poll and went to bed.

Well, I tell you, I could not sleep! I tossed and turned most of the night, worried about what my readers would do to poor little Diane Helice Callisto. She'd only been in existence a few hours when I handed her off to you with a BIG decision to make, and already I cared too much about what happened to her! (And the NaNo experts all tell you, "Write something completely new for NaNo. That way, you won't care about it too much and you will be able to do what you'll need to do in order to complete the challenge." Hmph!)

When I dragged my sorry carcass out of bed this morning at 6:36 a.m., I felt somewhat the worse for wear. Still, I persevered. Did my yoga. Wrote my words. Walked my dog. And posted another poll for you all.

"And what did become of poor Diane?" you ask. Well, the final vote was tied. Now I'm faced with a new dilemma: Do I cast the deciding vote myself, or somehow attempt a compromise between the two positions? You'll have to wait until tomorrow night to find out.

In the meantime: Go. Vote. Take good care of India for me.

No comments: