Only
Days

Hours

Minutes

Seconds
until NaNoWriMo 2012 ends!

Monday, October 8, 2007

Asana 8 - Downward Facing Dog

(Adho Mukha Svanasana)

NaNoWriMo Sun Salutation - Asana 8


A dynamic, yet at the same time restful pose, Adho Mukha Svanasana engages the whole body in a calm, flexible strength.

Like other inversions, down dog turns my world upside down and invites me to see things from a new perspective. It reminds me that sometimes it is necessary to take a step back from the story and look at it from a different angle. How do the different characters see this moment in the story? How do the readers see it? How will history record this moment? Lose the blinders and clear out the fog that causes tunnel vision and try something new.

Down dog also makes me aware of every cell of my body. There is no strain, but everything is interconnected, working together to tone, lengthen and shape my body.

So too with my novel. There will be many threads to my story at this point. Many characters. Many settings. Many viewpoints. As the story's caretaker, I must honour each individual piece and guide its journey as the parts come together to create one beautiful whole.

No comments: